Sunday, August 21, 2011

Upbeat Sunday

Quote of the Day:  What I want to know is...Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp? Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong? - Barry Mann and Gerry Goffin

First pages of my family gift journal.

This weekend was filled with so many of my favorite things.  I got my journal ready for our family journal exchange.  The boys came home from scout camp, a little stinky and itchy, but in one piece, and quite happy. Eric said my journal looked "cool." Thanks, Eric. He's also participating in the journal exchange.

I was invited to a small, intimate wedding reception for a former piano student, as a friend of the family. I felt very honored to be there.

We had an outdoor worship service at our Pastor's place. He has a large yard. The weather was cool and sunny, almost no wind, so the music pages didn't blow around. I sang a song called What a Beautiful Morning (not the one from Oklahoma). Then, we enjoyed home-made caramel and cinnamon rolls.

I came home and took a nap (a gal gets wore out from all that singing and fellowshipping), then got domestic and made a delicious stir-fry and banana bread.

I shared the second loaf with my neighbor, who, in turn, invited me to join them for dinner.
Delicious eggplant parmesan that we enjoyed out on the front porch where we chatted with the neighbors.

While I was cooking and baking I tuned into Pandora (isn't that a brilliant idea), and cracked my eggs and stirred my food to good old tunes of the 50's and 60's. I clicked "like" to all the best by The Cordettes, The Archies - Sugar Sugar (which could also be the theme song for that wedding reception - a dessert buffet - yum), The Four Tops, the Chiffons, Little Eva, Lesly Gore (You Don't Own Me - one of my top five favorite songs), Betty Everett, Sam Cooke's What a Wonderful World: Don't know much about history, Don't know much biology, Don't know much about a science book, Don't know much about the French I took. (A great song to hear just as we're getting ready for a new school year.)

These songs have a great beat. They're simple, yet lyrical, and full of harmony.  This is my "Lollipop" playlist.  In fact, one of my favorite movie soundtracks is from Stand By Me. Which reminds me, it's time to take out the paper and the trash, Hey, Zach, Yakkety, Yak, don't talk back.

I'll leave you tapping your toe and humming along to these great lyrics, (from the quote of the day song):

Each time that we're alone
Boogity boogity boogity
Boogity boogity boogity shoo
Sets my baby's heart all aglow
And everytime we dance to
Dip da dip da dip
Dip da dip da dip
She always says she loves me so
So who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?

Journaling Prompt:  What songs set your hips twirling, your toe tapping, and your lips humming?  In other words, what songs give you an upbeat feeling?  Anyone want a slice of banana bread? It's still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment