Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life in the White Spaces

Quote of the Day:  Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself. George Bernard Shaw

My niece Holly wrote that quote in my journal. Many of my family members participated in this journal exchange. We all got a journal, passed it from person to person during the Fall, and at Christmas we got our journals back filled with so many wonderful things like quotes and recipes, heartfelt messages, memories, photos. I love mine so much that I sleep with it tucked under the pillow next to me.  Here's what my son wrote to me.  I added the picture from when he was small.




The last journal I had was my sister Joy's. She made it at my house when she was visiting last summer, then brought it back to her place in Oregon, passed it from state to state, until I finally wrote in it and mailed it back to her. Here she is at my house in August.



Here's the end of the message I sent her after I mailed her journal.

Have a great week, and enjoy all the fun stuff in your journal. Not every inch of white space is filled. You even have a couple blank pages. That's to say that life is lived in the white spaces, in the margins, and extra room we leave each other.


You can visit Joy on her blog, It's a Joy! She's a new kid on the blog.

Go. Create. Inspire!
And, leave a little room in the margins of your day.

Journaling Prompt:  What do you do with your extra white space?

No comments:

Post a Comment