Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Inspiring Story of Hope in Guatemala

Quote of the Day:  I realized there's so much more going on in the world to be aware of and learn about. Brianna Jensen who spent a year in Guatemala working for Common Hope and helping fight the battle against poverty.

Hello, Fellow Blog Friends,
I know I've been MIA for a while. I've been off exploring the world in leather, as a friend commented, on the back of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. You can read all about those adventures at my new travel blog: Ride off the Page!

In the meantime, the newest edition of Her Voice is out, a local magazine that focuses on interesting, successful, and adventurous women in and from the Brainerd lakes area of Minnesota.  My latest article is about Brianna Jensen, a young woman who spent a year of her life volunteering for a program called Common Hope in Guatemala. She made a difference in the lives of many people, made great connections, and learned so much from her experiences in a third world country. The article, Living with Less, Finding More, can be found at the Her Voice site of the Brainerd Dispatch.


Here's a teaser from my motorcycle travles. This sign represents where I've been, but doesn't tell you where I am when I took it. Do you know where this sign hangs? To find out the answer, go to Ride off the Page!

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Have you ever gone far from home to do mission work or help in some other capacity? Do you support any local organizations that help others?




No comments:

Post a Comment