Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Millie and Willie Hang with Mr. Happy

Quote of the Month: Open the window in the center of your chest and let the spirits fly in and out. Rumi
(My theme for this year's
A to Z Challenge is Open.)

Millie and Willie, a sock puppet creation, are here to tell you their story during the April A to Z Blogging Challenge.

The Cottonpoly's had a busy weekend. It will take several days (and letters) to tell you all about it.

 
Willie, Mr. Happy, and Millie hangin' on White Tail Deer Antlers at Mr. Happy's bachelor pad on Saturday night.
 
Millie:  I can't believe I let you guys talk me into this.

Mr. Happy:  I'm so happy that you two could come out to the sugar farm this weekend.

Willie:  We've never hung out on a White Tail Deer before, Millie. We have a whole new perspective up here.

Millie:  Is this a fox tail hanging below me?

Mr. Happy: Artic fox tail. Yes. Isn't it great?

Willie: Nice, Mr. Happy. All the deer heads, antlers, and outdoor artifacts make you feel like you're out in the woods.

Mr. Happy:  Thanks. You know what they say, cover your walls with the things you love.

Willie:  Millie, we need to start mounting all the big fish I catch this summer.

Mr. Happy:  I know a guy who does a great job with that, a real artist.

Millie:  I think you two have been sampling a little too much of the maple syrup.

Mr. Happy:  Let me tell you more about our trip to Mexico this winter. The coolest part was watching a guy hacking up a shark on the docks.

Millie:  Calgon, take me away.

(Mr. Happy launches into detailed description of the fish butchering and other adventures in Cabo. Willie chuckles and hums "I've been working on the railroad. Millie leaps off the antlers and goes home for a long bath and a good book.)

Mr. Happy is a motorcycle-ridin' wild adventure takin' kind of puppet. He was created by Aerostitch and can be found telling his tales at Ride off the Page!

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Do you have any fish stories, tall tales, or adventures that you'd like to share with a captive audience like the Cottonpoly's stuck on antlers?

No comments:

Post a Comment