Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Open to Crazy Ideas

Quote of the Month: Open the window in the center of your chest and let the spirits fly in and out. Rumi
(My theme for this year's A to Z Challenge is Open.)

Millie and Willie, a sock puppet creation, are here to tell you their story during the April A to Z Blogging Challenge. They are my crazy idea for the Blog Challenge. Willie has a crazy idea in this episode. Today is also the first Wednesday of the month which is the day we post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group, a crazy creation of the ninja blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh.


Willie and Millie Cottonpoly reading the Community Ed. Guide.
 
Willie: Millie, you've been reading the Community Ed. Guide. See anything you want to take?
 
Millie: Oh, I don't know. A few  cooking classes have caught my eye. My dog obedience class is in there again. I wonder if anyone will take it this session.
 
Willie:  Your classes always fill, Millie. (peers over her shoulder) Look here. They're offering a class on memoir writing.
 
Millie:  Are you thinking of writing your memoirs, Willie?
 
Willie:  Not mine...yours.
 
Millie:  I don't want you writing my memoirs!
 
Willie:  I don't mean that I'd write them. I think you should write a memoir about your colorful life, Millie.
 
Millie:  Ppfff. Who would ever want to read that?
 
Willie:  I would.
 
Millie:  You already know everything, Willie.
 
Willie:  Oh, I doubt that. No one knows everything about another person, even someone you've been partners with for over 40 years. You have a cedar chest full of journals. You're a great storyteller. You're the life of the party when you get into talking about our crazy adventures or your dog training. I think you should write it down.
 
Millie:  Willie, that's a crazy idea.
 
Willie:  Good writers go with their crazy ideas. Sometimes, you just gotta jump on the train and go for it. (hums I've been working on the railroad)
 
Millie:  I'm going to need a support group for this...
 
***************
 
Come back tomorrow to read more of Millie's puppy dog tales.
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
And, jump on the train with one of your crazy ideas!
 
Journaling Prompt:  Write about a crazy idea that you jumped on the train with, or one that you might dare to go with some day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment