Monday, April 15, 2013

Open to a Musical

Quote of the Month: Open the window in the center of your chest and let the spirits fly in and out. Rumi
(My theme for this year's
A to Z Challenge is Open.)

Millie and Willie Cottonpoly, a sock puppet creation, are here to tell you their story during the April A to Z Blogging Challenge. 


Millie and Willie hitched a ride with a knight to the St. Francis Catholic School's Production of
What a Knight!
 
Millie:  Weren't those kids darling up on stage.
 
Willie:  Couldn't hear them.
 
Millie:  The costumes were adorable.
 
Willie:  Couldn't see them.
 
Millie:  I really liked the songs. The soloists did a great job. The kids seemed to be having fun.
 
Willie:  There was music?
 
Millie:  Of course, there was music. It was a musical.
 
Willie:  Hmmpf.
 
Millie:  Well, I just love a show with kings, queens, court jesters, dragons, traveling minstrels, knights.
 
Willie:  Oh, there was more than just one knight in the show?
 
Millie:  Of course, there was a whole cast of characters from Medieval Times. The school had about 60 kids involved. They all looked like they were enjoying it so much.
 
Willie:  I didn't see 60 kids on that stage.
 
Millie:  What do you mean, Willie? You rode into the show with me.
 
Willie:  Well, I guess you didn't notice that I fell off the horse at the concession stand and never made it into the auditorium.
 
Millie snuggling behind the knight in shining armor.
 
Millie:  I, um, well, he was a dashing young man.
 
 
Willie:  The popcorn was good.
 
Millie:  You dribbled a little on your trousers.
 
Willie:  I'm going to talk to Annie.
 
 Millie and Willie with their neighbor Annie, who played a princess in the school play.
 
Willie:  You look very nice in your costume. Could I get a ride home?
 
*************
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
 
Journaling Prompt:  What are some of your favorite songs from a musical or a movie?
 
The top three that come to my mind are My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music, Chim Chim Cher-ee from Mary Poppins, Maybe from Annie, and Wouldn't it be Loverly from My Fair Lady.
 
Willie: Mine is the opening number to The Music Man. Love the rhythm of that song.
 
Millie:  He's a Tramp from the Disney movie The Lady and the Tramp, which is also one of my favorite movies, along with 101 Dalmatians and The Fox and The Hound.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment