Friday, June 21, 2013

Kids and the Art of Writing

Quote of the Day:  Answers to the question on our last day of Writing Camp, kids age 7-12: What did you like best about Writing Camp?
Writing
Making new writing friends
Writing
Reading
Writing
Having time to write
Sharing our writing
Writing
All of it!
Meeting an author
Meeting two authors
Meeting three authors
We learned that we need to get our characters in trouble and out of trouble. (Thanks to guest author Candace Simar)

Guest Author, Candace Simar at Writing Camp
 
I think you get the picture. Kids came to our writing camp because they like to write! Guy Kelm and I had a blast working with 13 young authors on their writing.
 
Mary Aalgaard and Guy Kelm, facilitators for Kids and the Art of Writing Camp
at Franklin Art Center
 
Kids and the Art of Writing Camp
 
We had a party at the end called Amazing Beginnings where the kids read from their journals, stories that they started this week, poems, ideas, interesting characters, exciting action. They had it all. I am so inspired by their creativity.
 
I have so much more to tell you, but I don't want to overwhelm you. We spent two hours every day together for a week, and now, we all have more stories to write and share. Oh, ya, I brought Millie and Willie. The kids gave me a bunch of ideas for them, too.  They even hung around for the readings.
 
 
I'll share more with you next week. On Saturday, I'll be going to The Children's Theatre in Minneapolis to watch If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and sharing my review here.
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
 
Journaling Prompt:  What would you write on your author/personal bio?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment