Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pan Roasted Corn


During the warm summer months I am always trying to find new ways to make corn.  A few years ago I discovered this delicious fresh corn salad and a new way to make creamed corn.  Both dishes have been crowd favorites at family gatherings and potlucks. After seeing a post on Pinterest that instructed how to roast frozen corn in the oven, I decided to start experimenting.

The final product was beyond tasty!  It was sweet, caramelized, and just a tiny bit spicy.  My family loved it, and I think it will be my new summer corn dish.  I can't say enough how much I loved it.  Honestly, I probably would have eaten most of it by myself if my family hadn't been around. Next time you need to make a side dish make this one.  ENJOY!

Pan Roasted Corn
Recipe Source: Jenn 

1 tbl. olive oil
1 tbl. butter
3-4 ears of fresh corn, kernels removed from the ears
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 tsp. salt
a sprinkle of cayenne pepper (this is all about your taste here)
pepper to taste
chopped fresh parsley



In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.  Add the corn, red onion, garlic, salt, cayenne, and pepper. Allow the liquid to cook out of the mixture, then turn the heat down to medium-low.  Keep on eye on it, because once the liquid cooks out, the corn will burn easily.  Continue cooking until the corn begins to caramelize.  Add the fresh parsley and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment