Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ride to Itasca State Park

Quote of the Day:  It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. Jimmy Carter

Lake Itasca, Father's Day, 2013
 
The Biker Chef and I rode his Harley up to Itasca State Park on Father's Day. He took this photo as we were standing on the shores of the lake by the headwaters of the mighty Mississippi, which doesn't seem so mighty, here at the top, as it trickles on down towards the Gulf of Mexico. I told him that this picture is the one I see in my head when I remember other trips I've taken to this beautiful park in Minnesota.
 
You can read about our ride on my other blog, Ride off the Page!
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
 
Journaling Prompt:  Where do you want to go for a vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment