Wednesday, July 3, 2013

IWSG July 2013

Quote of the Day:  There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. Maya Angelou

You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children. Madeleine L'Engle

Kids helping me write my play!
 
In June, I had the great joy of facilitating a writing camp for kids, ages 7-12. We had a blast. As you can see from the above picture, I did some writing, too. In fact, one of the bonuses from leading this class was the inspiration I got from the kids.
 
As summer consumes with all its busy-ness, events, and time away and with family, I find I don't sit down and write. I have play ideas (several) that need to be let out and brought to light. My insecurity for the July IWSG posting, is about the same as last month. I'll add some inspiration, though. Be a kid. Let responsibilities slip just a little. Farm out the chores. Sneak off to a quiet place and let your stories out. They want to see the sun, too.
 
The Insecure Writers Support Group was started by ninja blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh.  The purpose is to share our insecurities and offer encouragement to other writers and artists. This is a wonderful support group. Thanks Alex, and your helpers this month!
Mark Koopmanshttp://markkoopmans.blogspot.com/

In other news, Joy and I have some exciting things happening as our Primo Art Spa finds a home. Click over to that blog to see what's happening!

That's all for now. Grab your pen and journal, your sketch pad and pencil, your camera, or whatever creative tools you need, and...

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Do you have any Independence Day traditions or vacation plans? What creative energy is bursting to get out of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment