Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mount Carmel Family Camp, 2013

Quote of the Day:  Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal, and give strength to body and soul alike. John Muir, The Yosemite

At Mount Carmel Family Camp with my boys!

I'm a Camp Geek and I know it. I've been going to family camp ever since I was four years old. I go there with my parents, siblings, cousins, and friends. Mount Carmel, founded in 1938, has been the summer home for many camper families. My mom went there for the first time in 1948, and was on staff in the mid-1950's. I remember going there with my parents and my grandparents. Now, my kids go with me and enjoy family time, kid activity time, lake time, new friends, old friends, and every kind of fun you can have at a camp. The coolest thing about a family camp is that free time is truly free. When the kids go to kids' camps, even the "free" time is scheduled. They said that they prefer Mount Carmel.

Water Carnival
 
On a pontoon ride with my parents
 
And, my cousin Angie
 
Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil.
(or, so you think)
 
I think tie-dying is still cool.
 
How will all these garments turn out?
 
Super cute!!
Millie and Willie attended camp for the first time this year.
They are already looking at dates to attend next year!
 
They stayed out of the water for the greased watermelon game
(like football in the water)
But, enjoyed a slice of the fruit when the game was over.
 
They thought that the game of Drip, Drip, Drop and the little kids were the cutest.
 
Of course, the Mount Carmel staff was a lively and talented bunch!
The talent show was a hoot, as always.
Next year, we'll do another Aalgaard skit!!!
Millie and Willie vowed to make an appearance.
 
Mount Carmel is truly a place where you can play together and pray together.
From babies to Grandparents, there's something for everyone, and everyone has fun together.
 
 
The only thing missing for me this year was my big boy. He's enjoying a summer in Spain.
 
We thought of you, Bobby!
 
Thanks, founders of Mount Carmel, for creating this place 75 years ago! Thanks, Mom & Dad, for bringing us there when we were kids. Thanks, kids, for still wanting to go to camp with your mom and other relatives!
 
Hope you're all having a wonderful summer (or winter for you southern hemisphere folks)!
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
 
Journaling Prompt:  Write about a camp/vacation experience with family or friends.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment