Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer is slipping away.

Quote of the Day:  Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world. Ada Louise Huxtable

Mr. Happy at the All American Motel in Custer, SD
 
Mr. Happy says, "Don't worry, be happy." (Or, was that Bob Marley?) Either way, I'm feeling that oogie anxiety that comes with the change of seasons, particularly summer. I got my sophomore son up early this morning and drove him to football practice. The fields were alive with athletes starting their fall sports. We bought school supplies last week. I'm checking schedules and preparing for fall. My big boy finally came home from Spain, a bit of a journey, but back safe and sound and will be home for a short time then off again to school in Texas. I feel like summer slipped away. Did I do everything I needed to do? Did I spend enough time with my kids? Did I get out and enjoy this gorgeous weather before the snow flies again and the temps are too cool to linger in the sunlight?
 
I'm reminding myself this morning that summer is not, yet, over. I can make the most of my time with my boys. And, it doesn't have to be warm and sunny to make a beautiful day.
 
Whew. Breath deeply and think about some of the fun things we've done lately. One is building fairy houses. We'll be having a pick up party at the Art Spa House on Tuesday evening. If you'd like to join us, check it out at Primo Art Spa, or send us a message at primoartspa@gmail.com. (We'll have cake. Cake and art, a winning combination!)
 
Can't wait to see the finished product!
 
 
Mr. Happy has more to share on Ride off the Page. We had a short and fun ride out to Custer, SD and back last week. It was a wild ride, see!
 
Vanocker Canyon near Sturgis, SD
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
 
Journaling Prompt: When does it feel like "all's right with the world" for you?
 
For me, it's when all the boys are home and my house is filled with their noises and love, or I'm with family on the farm or some other place we've all gathered. Also, when I'm traveling with people who really care about me and we're discovering new things together.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment