Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rip Van Winkle

I have decided that I am a better woman if I take naps during the day. It's amazing the amount of energy I have in the evenings if I lay down for two hours. If I don't take naps, I'm pretty much useless after 8:00 p.m. The problem is, it takes me forever to actually fall asleep, although it seems to be better if I work my ass off during the day, get my things done and then try to fall asleep. If I have ANYTHING that needs to be done, I can't turn off my mind, and then I don't fall asleep.

Brian always cracks me up with his love for naps. I'm starting to understand why he loves them so much. You feel so much more refreshed the rest of the day!

Naps rule.

It's been so cold today that I actually saw something that has never happened before. My cat, Hera,was trying to curl up with our dog Tessa to get her body warmth as she tried to sleep. Tessa is still young, and immediately thought it was time to play, but I can see it happening when she grows out of her puppyhood and can actually sit for more than 5 minutes at a time. I've seen pictures of dogs and cats laying together, curled in a ball, but have never seen it with my animals. Too cute! As I type now, Hera is laying on my arms on my lap. It makes blogging a bit more difficult to finish.

Sleep is pretty much all you can do on a day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment