Monday, July 25, 2011

Growth

Quote of the Day:  Growth, in some curious way, I suspect, depends on being always in motion just a little bit, one way or another. - Norman Mailer

Eric, Alex, and Charlie

My babies are going to their first sleep-away camp without me. *sigh* My babies are growing up.  I am both excited and nervous for them.  They are both excited and nervous about going.  Luckily, they brought their buddy Alex with them.  Plus, they know two other boys in their cabin.  What a great way to have a first experience at summer camp.



It all started with the 5th grade fieldtrip.  They take the kids to this nearby camp where they get to explore the outdoors, challenge themselves on the adventure ropes, and ride horses. (I wanna go.) So, the boys asked me if they could go to camp this summer.  I asked a friend about the camp because her kids have gone.  She said that it's great.  Her son, who is the same age as my boys, loves it and was signing up for the same week.  He's been on the same baseball team with my boys. 

Speaking of baseball, Alex was busy with the traveling team until their team lost this week.  So, when I ran into his dad at the grocery store (Holy Spirit moment), he asked about the camp and went home and signed up his son, Alex.


A guy can't go to camp without his baseball glove, two footballs, and his buddies.

Just yesterday, these young men went to church with me and talked about what happens to you when you die.  They think we come back as someone else, so I taught them the word reincarnation.  We also discussed dejavu, premonitions, and intuition.  I told Alex's dad that the morning was like Bible school, a little Jesus time.  He thought that would be a good thing.  Maybe a guy can't live by baseball alone.  Still, a little game of catch goes a long ways in working off some nervous energy.

Have a great week, guys! See you on Friday for your program, camp stories, and glad-to-see-you hugs.

Go. Create. Inspire! And, while you're at it, try something new that helps you stretch and grow as a person and artist.

Journaling Prompt:  What kind of summer camp would you like to attend?

No comments:

Post a Comment