Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer's Over

Quote of the Day:  How do geese know when to fly south? Who tells them the seasons? How do we, humans, know when it is time to move on? As with the migrant birds, so surely with us, there is a voice within if only we would listen to it, that tells us certainly when to go forth into the unknown. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

This weekend marks the passage of time, milestones in life, and the next generation rising up and going forth into the unknown.


I watched my first-born son pack up for college and hugged him good-bye.

Then, we jumped in the van and headed to my nephew's wedding, the first in the next generation.


Realized that my sisters and I are now the "old aunts."


And, I have just three kids to watch over, drag to weddings, help manage their schedules.


Plus, football practice has started, the mornings are cool, and we're getting ready for school to start.

Summer's over. The new season begins, in the year and in life. I wonder where these halls and pathways will take my biggest boy.


I miss him already.

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  What season are you in right now, creatively, personally, socially, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment