Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Quote of the Day:  We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment, but it is transient. It is a little parenthesis in eternity. If we share with caring, lightheartedness, and love, we will create abundance and joy for each other. And then this moment will have been worthwhile. - Deepak Chopra


Some moments are so big and beautiful and filled with emotion that I find myself pausing and thinking, take a picture of this with your mind. Savor this moment and remember where you are, who is with you, what you're doing, and how you feel. These are the moments that fill the deep longing for love and being connected and give meaning to life. I have paused in the frenzy of raising four boys and just looked at them, listened to how they interact, and admired the bond they share. One Mother's Day, we walked to the park. They broke into a spontaneous game of baseball, minus the bat, ball, and gloves. They pantomimed the whole thing. I sat on the bench and admired their imagination, and energy.

Last week at the Guthrie, I sat in the middle of the seven of us who attend A Christmas Carol together. Three of my boys were on my left. The Biker Chef, my sister and cousin were on my right. Everyone seemed so happy to be there, and I reveled in the magic of it all and the feeling of being surrounded by people I love, and who love me, too.


We did some things that are part of our new tradition, like walk out onto the Endless Bridge and take pictures, ride the elevator to the 9th floor to look out over the city at night. We ate together and shared memories and made new ones.


I am thankful for all the blessings I've received this year. What a full and beautiful life I have, filled with new-found adventures.

May you find joy and love with family and friends around a table filled with all your favorite dishes.

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Write about a moment that is like a picture, or video, in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment