Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just the facts

As I sit here, freezing because my body has obviously not grown accustomed to the cooler weather, all I can think of is what to do next? I just worked my final day at Picadilly (well, I'll be working a couple of days here and there, but not enough to call it income) and I have no idea where to go to apply for a seasonal job. I'm a bit concerned to apply to any retail place during the Holiday's because I am not ready to be told I have to work on Thanksgiving, or Christmas. I'd love to work close by because it's very important for me to be able to leave at a drop of a hat if my kids have an asthma attack, or some other emergency. Plus, I hate driving in the snow. I'll admit it. I'm a wuss when it comes to icy, snowy roads.

I'd love to take some time off, but, just like most people in this world, I need to have extra spending money for the Holiday's. Last year, Brian's family came up with a great idea for us all to make homemade presents for ONE person of the family (that we drew from a hat). It was very special, it really made you think about what they would enjoy, and I think we all really appreciated what we received. This idea helped a lot with the extra spending, but I have three boys that are hoping for some electronic gadgets from Santa this year. Nothing under $75.00. I remember, oh so long ago when I was able to get 5 Hot Wheel cars and call it a good Christmas!

Anywho, I don't know what I want to do. I'm leaving for St. Louis this coming week, and then when I get back, I'll be searching. Hopefully I haven't waited too long to start looking. With the economy the way it is, I'm positive I'm not the only one in need of more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment