Friday, June 15, 2012

Guest Hart Johnson

With briefs, your ears get cold...
It is my pleasure to share this space with a wonderful blogger and author, Hart Johnson from Confessions of a Watery Tart. Her blog is full of silliness and fun. Her book sounds delightful. After you read all about Hart and her first cozy mystery, you can come visit me at The Journaling Woman's Blog.

Take it away, Hart!

Boxers or Briefs?You know... one of my very favorite things about writing cozy mysteries is that I can be a little silly, and one of my very favorite things about MARY is I can be a little silly, so this seems the perfect spot to confess some of the silliness I managed to slip into The Azalea Assault. (Thank you for having me, Mary!!!) I mean most cozy mysteries have a little silliness to them—there is humor. It is just part of the style. And it is a nice departure for me, because my other stuff tends to get into some dark psychology. (I have a rotten streak, but don't tell anyone!)Not that murder isn't dark, but yah know? Nobody liked the guy ANYWAY! (those are the rules with cozies... killing people nobody will miss). But along with RULES, you get some allowances! And that is where I had my fun!Monty Python and Harry Potter nodsThe Burrow, my writing group, originally bonded over the Potterverse, though the Python love runs deep, too. At one point we made a pact to include a Python reference in every book we wrote... I threw in a Potter reference for good measure. I am eager to see if people notice.Crossdressing. Check.“I'm naked!” Check.And yes. There REALLY IS a boxers versus briefs debate. (though there is also support for going commando—this is ME writing this stuff, after all)Annie, my main character's best friend, provides the surest route to most of my silliness, but she isn't the only one. I guess I just figured if I was having fun, my readers would have fun. So there you have it. My silliness in a nut shell. Thank you for having me, Mary!!!
The Azalea AssaultCam Harris loves her job as public relations manager for the Roanoke Garden Society. It allows her to combine her three loves, spinning the press, showing off her favorite town, and promoting her favorite activity. She's just achieved a huge coup by enlisting Garden Delights, the country's premiere gardening magazine, to feature the exquisite garden of RGS founder, Neil Patrick. She's even managed to enlist world-famous photographer Jean-Jacques Georges. Unfortunately, Jean-Jacques is a first-rate cad—insulting the RGS members and gardening, goosing every woman in the room, and drinking like a lush. It is hardly a surprise when he turns up dead. But when Cam's brother-in-law is accused and her sister begs her to solve the crime, that is when things really get prickly.
Alyse Carlson is the pen name for the author some of you may know as Hart Johnson. She writes books from her bathtub and when she isn't writing, does research for a large, midwest University or leads the Naked World Domination Movement (your choice).LinksBarnes & Noble Paperback or NookAmazon Paperback or KindleConfessions of a Watery Tart

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  What pen name or alter ego would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment