Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Morning

The first course of my Mother's Day breakfast in bed was leftover Asian Noodle Salad brought to me by my well-meaning and oh-so-proud five-year-old Halle.


It was delicious...three days ago...for dinner.  Did I mention the dressing was made with lots of fresh garlic? 

When Lyla woke up I scooped her up in her favorite blanket and brought her to our bed.  She grinned, held her arms out wide and declared, "Happy Halloween!"  


She curled up beside me for the next twenty minutes, periodically asking when it was time for candy.

After the others woke up, I was showered with homemade gifts, bagels and cream cheese, and a mostly raw orange roll.  Yummmmmmm.

There were two hours left before we needed to head out the door to church so I dove back under the covers and into my three new books.  Wes had let me pick them out the day before as my Mother's Day gift.  Truth be told, he asked me to pick out one book.  But as I sat there in that leather chair at the front of Deseret Book, my brow wrinkled, trying to choose which two books to leave behind, Wes snatched up all three and met me at the counter. I am spoiled.

Nestled in my bed, deeply engaged in the first of the three books, I heard water running in the kitchen, plates clanging as they were being stacked on top of each other, and the sound of the dishwasher door closing.  Wes cleaned the kitchen.

Happy Mother's Day to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment