Thursday, May 13, 2010

Easy Mexican Dip

Ok everyone, if you gave me this recipe please fess up!  I don't know where it came from, I found it scribbled onto a piece of paper, shoved into a purse that I dug out of my closet from last year, but I am so glad I found it! This dip is EASY, TASTY, VERSATILE and SIMPLE!  Change the cheese and type of salsa to suit your taste. A great dish to take to get togethers, but if there is a large crowd I suggest making double it goes fast! 

Easy Mexican Dip (Sorry No Photo again)
Recipe Source: I don't know...

1 pound ground sausage...use whatever you like best
1 package cream cheese
3/4 cup grated cheese (monteray jack or pepper jack is best)
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup fresh onion chopped
Tortilla Chips

Crumble and brown your sausage in a sautepan.  When almost done, add onion and garlic cooking until soft.  Add cream cheese, allowing the cheese to melt.  Add the grated cheese and salsa stirring to combine.  Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.

Total Cost: $4.59 (not too shabby for a potluck!)
Sausage $.50
Cream Cheese $1.00
Salsa $.50
Cheese $.50
Garlic and Onion $.10
Tortilla Chips $1.99 (Mine were free with a catalina)

No comments:

Post a Comment