Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snow Day = Cookies!

Quote of the Day:  Everything in creation has its appointed painter or poet and remains in bondage like the princess in the fairy tale ’til its appropriate liberator comes to set it free. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



A big snowdrift came knocking on my door last night.  The wind howled.  The sleet pelted down, and then the snow came and filled our nice, clear driveway right back up.



The night before, my youngest sons had their cross-over ceremony from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.  Look at them cross their bridge!


A right of passage, moving from one stage of life into another.  I have had a great time being in scouts with my boys.  They've had great leaders, great activities, and I have made great memories with them.  When I tucked them in that night, Charlie said, "You can still do stuff with us in Boy Scouts, Mom."  They won't need me as much, and that's how it is supposed to be.  Look how happy they are!



The sleet was really pelting us and snow was filling in the driveway even as we came home.  I told my oldest son, Bobby, that they might have school cancelled, or at least delayed.  He doubted it, so he said, "If they cancel school tomorrow, I'll bake chocolate chip cookies."


They're delicious!  I took this opportunity to teach Zach how to use the snowblower.



He did a great job.  This was the biggest snowfall of the season!  The neighbor boys started to drop in. 



They must have smelled the cookies!  Having a snow day feels something like finding extra money in the pocket of your winter coat.  You aren't always happy about moving into the season of winter coats, but you are happy for the extra cash.

With this eventful week, I haven't gotten to the Oscar movie reviews I  promised.  I'll start with Inception.  Bobby watched it with friends and loved it.  He got it for his birthday and watched it with his dad and brother.  They all liked it.  I watched 10 minutes, was completely confused and bothered by the violence, so I turned it off and watched Ratatouille with the younger boys.  I love the music in that show, and my favorite line:  You're the one who was getting fancy with the spices.

Thanks for sharing our Snowday - Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  What would you do with found money, or found time? Did you see Inception?  What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment