Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Matter of Minutes

Quote of the Day:  May the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. 1 Thessalonians 3:12


We cannot begin to make sense of man's inhumanity to man. What happened in the United States of America ten years ago shattered our sense of security.  We were reminded just how vulnerable and fragile we are.  I was home with three small children, watching and crying over the news. I turned on the tv in time to see the firefighters rush into the towers, and then get crushed in their collapse. My seven-year-old came home from school worrying about tall buildings. I assured him that the tallest "building" in our tiny town of Parkers Prairie was the water tower, but he was afraid.

The short play, THE MIRACULOUS DAY QUARTET (under 10 min.), written by a "sister" member of International Centre for Women Playwrights, shows us what a difference of a few minutes makes.

Thank you, Mary Steelsmith, for sharing this with me and my blog readers.  Click over to the Youtube link. (I had problems embedding it. Maybe it was the length.)

Go. Create. Inspire! And, may your love conquer evil.

Journaling Prompt:  What were you doing on Sept. 11, 2001? What details of that event left strong images in your heart and mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment