Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm back and introducing my new love....Ruby

I didn't share with most of you that I have been in mourning the last few months.  My dear, faithful, and trusty Kitchen Aide died on me.  My husband, who is very handy and mechanically inclined, stepped in while the poor thing was sputtering away and tried to no avail to save my favorite kitchen appliance.  But, there was nothing that could be done.  The motor was fried in a fluke accident when an interior bolt came loose.  

As a result of losing my cooking companion, and life in general which includes three hunting trips, computer issues, kids going back to school, and me finishing my degree, I haven't been cooking much.  But now, life is slowing down a little bit and for my birthday my mother in law gave to me Ruby, my new Kitchen Aide mixer (yes, I know it isn't really normal to name an appliance but I couldn't help it.  I justify my actions by arguing that people name cars and boats and all kids of things so why not my shiny, new mixer?)

Ruby is RED, hence the name, and I can't wait to start making some of the recipes I having pinning on Pinterest. (If you haven't checked Pinterest out yet please go take a peak at my boards.  It's a virtual pin board for all great things you love and slightly addicting!)  Below is a picture I took when Ruby came out of the box and arrived at her new home on my counter top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment