Monday, November 28, 2011

Happiness is...

Quote of the Day:  lyrics from the musical You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, the Happiness Song:
Happiness is finding a pencil
Pizza with sausage
telling the time

Happiness is learning to whistle
tying your shoe for the very first time

Happiness is playing the drum in your own school band
And Happiness is walking hand in hand

Happiness is two kinds of ice cream
Knowing a secret
Climbing a tree

Happiness is five different crayons
Catching a firefly
Setting him free

Happiness is being alone every now and then
And, happiness is coming home again

Happiness is morning and evening
Daytime and nighttime too

For happiness is anyone and anything at all
that's loved by you

How was your Thanksgiving weekend? Mine left me singing this song. Here are a few things that I'd add to that list:

Happiness is dinner with family
Bobby and Zachary,
Charlie and Eric, too.

Happiness is Leo on my lap
A long winter's nap
A hot cup of brew!

Happiness is a brand new drum
A song to hum
Sharing them with you!

Happiness is being at home
Being an artist
Living the dream!
I started this blog post at 6:00 a.m.
Then, I had an idea for the photo.
I had to wait for the sun to rise.
Tried a few shots indoors.
Didn't turn out.
I had three takes outside.
This one is the winner.
The slightly pinkish glow is from the the sunrise.
Happiness is waiting for the sunrise,
pausing to enjoy it,
and capturing a great photo.

If I had shopped at all this weekend, it would have been on Small Business Saturday. All I got that day was a cup of coffee at a locally owned shop. Mint mocha....mmm. Love the owners there! I bought the drum, a djembe, from the downtown music store last week.  I need it for music at my church. Love chatting about music with Don at Bridge of Harmony! Then, I slipped over to Downtown Art & Frame where I bought paint and drooled over the fancy fibrous and textured paper. I used some of the paper I already had for my nieces' Christmas journal. Our family is passing journals around this fall, writing in them, or making an art page as in my case, then, the last person to have the journal wraps it up and gives it to the owner at Christmas. It's the best gift ever!

How's your shopping going?

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  What's on your 'Happiness' list?



No comments:

Post a Comment