Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Insecure Writer's Group in March

Quote of the Day:  Confession, alas, is the new handshake. Richard Rosen

Today is the first Wednesday of the month where we join other voices in sharing our insecurities. Click on the badge on the side for a list of more bloggers who have joined the Insecure Writer's Support Group started by blogger/author Alex J. Cavanaugh.

It was a huge success for me to produce my first original full-length play Coffee Shop Confessions this past weekend. I have written two novels that are in the proverbial drawer. I had rejections and set-backs, angst like the sun-dried dessert, and real fears of exposing my art. I was afraid of both the possible failure and success. It's like I'd be standing in front of the crowd completely naked, and I knew I couldn't do it alone. So, I shared my dream with my friend JeMA. I shared my work with a few trusted friends. I wrote on despite the negative voices in my head. I set a date for a read-through. I set a date for performance. I asked people to join my creative team, and this is what I got - a sell-out audience, applause, and request for more performances, not to mention a sense that I helped build community. Something has cracked in the universe.

Before our performances, we gathered in a circle to wish each other well and invite the creative spirit to enter and go out into the world.



We gather in a huddle
Our hands come together
like the spokes of a wheel


We close our fingers
over the hand of the other.
We are one,
A spiral of creative energy
as we shout:
Go. Create. Inspire!

My message to you on this March edition of the Insecure Writer's Support Group is to invite trusted friends into your circle. They will help you succeed.

Journaling Prompt:  Whom will you invite into your circle?

No comments:

Post a Comment