Sunday, March 4, 2012

Successful Debut of Coffee Shop Confessions

Quote of the Day:  Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, and try to follow where they lead. Louisa May Alcott

This weekend, I did reach those high aspirations. I'm still up, way  past cloud 9. Can you see me? I'm that big, smiling sunshine. My original play Coffee Shop Confessions debuted at the Coco Moon coffee shop in downtown Brainerd to a sold-out audience both nights. Thanks to this amazing cast.


Here they are, the dream team cast of Coffee Shop Confessions!
Character names: Aubrey, Nick, Micki, Jewell, Roxy, Lolly, Sam, Laura, and Mary

Lorie had to run next door to the cafe to borrow more chairs!


More confessions as the audience waited for the "Confessions" play to start and all those coffee orders to be filled.


The women at this table are associated with the Mid-Minnesota Women's Center. When I announced that a portion of the ticket sales were going to the Center, they applauded. They also made a point of introducing themselves after the show and letting us know how well we told this story.

In the background of this photo is my hair-stylist (artist) Aubrey. She inspired the character I played. She gave me a make-over before the show. We had so much fun. I told her I felt like Meryl Streep. The camera man is my friend Pete Woit who drove over from Alexandria. He is a professional videographer at Woit Video Productions. Several groups of good friends were at the tables surrounding us. Opening night was the most exciting night of my life.  

Me with my friend and publicist Krista who knows how to make it happen at her Blue Cottage Agency!

Laura and Mary (Aubrey) before the show

These are just a few of the photos taken by Krista Rolfzen Soukup and Joey Halvorson from this weekend's performance. You'll see more highlights and insights from the show this week.

Here's how I ended my welcome speech: The first confession of the night, I am someone who hears voices from people that no one else can see. I see visions. I dream dreams, and this is what happens when you dare take the risk of letting others in and sharing them. Thank you for coming, and enjoy our "Coffee Shop Confessions."

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Have you ever been at the debut of someone's work: art, drama, poetry, music, or a grand opening somewhere?


No comments:

Post a Comment