Thursday, March 8, 2012

Invite to Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy

Quote of the Day:  Mommy, I just don't get it. How could people be mean to someone just because of their skin? That doesn't make any sense. Charlie Rude, my son, age 11

I've been invited to view and review Lizzie Bright and Buckminster Boy at the Children's Theatre Company in Minneapolis. I am so excited. This is a stage adaptation of the Newbery honor book by Gary D. Schmidt.  I checked out the audio book from my local library. I've heard just the first few minutes of it, but I'm already hooked. The boys who will be attending the performance with me said they like it too. Here's a bit more, plus pictures! Courtesy of the Children's Theatre Company.

Lizzie is played by Traci Allen and Turner Buckminster by Sam Bardwell. Photos shown here are by Joan Buccina.

Peter Brosius and Children’s Theatre Company are proud to be presenting the World Premiere performance of Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy – a story, based on the Newbery Honor book by Gary D. Schmidt, about a historic event in 1912 coastal Maine.


Brosius directs this tale of racial injustice, generational strife, economic conflict, music, baseball, and most of all, the power of friendship.


Turner Earnest Buckminster II has become best friends with the smart and lively Malaga Island native Lizzie Bright Griffin. When Turner’s town elders threaten to wipe Malaga of all its inhabitants for the town’s economic benefit, Turner and Lizzie know they have to do something – but can they act before it’s too late? 


Doesn't that sound, and look, fantastic?! Thank you to Anne at the Children's Theatre Company in Minneapolis for inviting me and making it possible for me to bring my friend and publicist Krista and her two sons. Click above for more information on showtimes and ticket prices. Come back next week for my review.

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy is just the type of story I love to read and see. What are your favorite types of stories? Do you listen to audio books?

PS:  So thrilled to have reached 200 followers on my blog. Thanks for your support of my writing. I hope you find inspiration here to - Go. Create. Inspire!

No comments:

Post a Comment