Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Women's Retreat at Mount Carmel

Quote of the Day:  I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. from Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message)

 
Barb, who lead us and lit a candle of hope in each of our hearts.
She gave us the feeling of unconditional love and acceptance for who we are and where we are in our life's journey.
 
 
 
Every fall, Mount Carmel offers a women's retreat on the beautiful shores of Lake Carlos. We're usually a small, intimate group of women who gather for respite, for fellowship, and for nurturing one another in faith and in our life's journey. They come from near and far. Some with heavy burdens, recent losses, difficult diagnoses or decisions for loved ones or themselves. They come for rest and renewal. The song running through my head as we gathered was You have come down to the Lakeshore by Cesareo Gabarain, originally written in Spanish and nicely translated into English. The chorus: Sweet Lord, you have looked into my eyes; kindly smiling, you've called out my name. On the sand I have abandoned my small boat; now with you, I will seek other seas.


Together, we shared our stories and sang our songs. We felt the presence of the Holy Spirit, and left with a new kind of tired and a new kind of energy.  What I love about this retreat is that mothers and daughters come together, friends, sisters, cousins, and people who need time away might come on their own, but leave feeling they are not alone.

 
Mothers and daughters


My cousin Angie and I provided the music. She and I have similar backgrounds, grew up going to Mount Carmel in the summer, and enjoy making music together. Thanks, Angie, for doing the music with me. You made it so fun and gave me such confidence.


Thank you, Barb, for leading us with your gentle and encouraging spirit, filled with love.

Thank you, Mount Carmel, for providing such a lovely setting.

Thank you to all the women who attended. You are bright, shining stars.

Peace,
Mary

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Where would you go for a retreat? Who would you like to go with you? Or, would you prefer to go alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment