Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Very Full Heart

There are some days I wish I could copy and paste into all my tomorrows.

Today was one of those days.

Every moment of this morning with Lyla was sweet. We ran a few errands, worked in the garden, ate, and read stories. Nothing unusual, really, but the sun seemed to shine on everything we did.

On Fridays, the kids have early release from school. So after piano lessons we had plenty of time to hike Twin Falls. Everyone kept up. Nobody whined. Nobody fought. The kids played by the river for a long time-throwing rocks, collecting pebbles, and playing survival games.



Dinner was easy- fish and lots of tasty vegetables from the garden. 

After everyone helped straighten up the house, I read aloud, alternating between picture books for the little ones and The Mysterious Bennedict Society. Reading to my kids makes my heart so happy.

At 8:45 PM the chanting started:

"Daddy's home! He's here! Dad! Dad!"

My own heart skipped a beat.

There's no way this man can feel unloved.

Tonight we bent our bedtime rules, grabbed blankets and pillows, and curled up to The Croods. I could devote an entire blog post to what I love about this movie.  I'm glad our whole family feels the same. It was nice to share some laughs together.

As we tucked their sleepy heads into bed tonight, the reality of my blessings overwhelmed me. I lose sight of them sometimes in the midst of all the demands of family life, but every once-in-a-while one of these days comes along with nothing to distract me from all that is good-so very good in my life.

My heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment