Saturday, September 11, 2010

BBQ Rib Recipe and Birthday Fun

Quote of the Day:  lyrics from Good in the Kitchen performed by Bearfoot:  Click on the song title to hear them performing it, living room style.  It's a cute ditty.

If you want to see my recipe, make it good in the kitchen, good in the kitchen, and get ready to eat...I'll bring the biscuits, you bring jambalaya...doobie doobie doobie do waaayy...

I wanted BBQ spareribs on my birthday, so I went to the grocery, where they were on sale!  A home-made sauce is so much better than the presoaked ribs you can buy at the stores in my neck of the woods.  I found this recipe in the First Lutheran Church Cookbook.  Those church ladies always share their best recipes.  This one comes from the kitchen of Margareth.

Barbecued Spareribs
2 T. vinegar
2 T. brown sugar
4 T lemon juice (or lime juice if that's what's in your fridge)
1 c. ketchup
3 T. Worchestershire sauce
1/2 c. water
Sauted onions
salt & pepper to taste

Brown ribs, pour sauce over, and bake at 300 for about two hours. 


A photo before baking.  After baking, they were falling off the bones delicious and disappeared quickly along with the mashed potatoes.  We finished off the meal with some birthday brownies.


I also had coffee with a friend, and lunch out with my boys.  They gave me three journals, a book, a CD, and large glasses for when we have rootbeer floats.

Painting by Art by JeMA.



 
Fried ice cream.


Food Art


And, a visit from two neighbor piano girls who offered to deliver Koolade to me on my birthday, "We'll just need a quarter," they said.






I've had a great week, celebrating one more year of life, sending my sons off to school and all the adventures a new school year brings, and reclaiming some creative space.  I'm halfway through Act 3 of my coffee shop drama.  I can smell the coffee of intermission.  It's getting closer.

And, to all of you, claim your own creative space - Go, Create, Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  How would you like to spend your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment