Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pet Therapy


Quote of the Day:  You're no lady.  You're nothing but a sister. - one of my all time favorite lines from Disney's The Aristocats.

If you haven't watched it in while, or if your youngsters have never seen it (gasp!), pop it in on your next movie night.  This is one of my favorite Disney movies.  Yes, it's all about the jazz music.  I mean, m-m-m, so smooth and sultry, and naturally, Everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.

I'm sure we've watched this movie with our cat Matilda, and she's living the part, man.  She climbs up on the piano bench and sits right next to me or any of my piano students who will allow it, and purrs to the music.  She's offered pet therapy to some high strung students, and welcomed the young new ones in, giving them something to focus on and look forward to.  She calms their nerves.

I do worry about allergies.  One boy needs her to be in the basement when he comes, and one girl can't tolerate her at all, which makes me sad.  I will miss her musical family.

We'll call this pair, M & M, chillin' to the cool melodies.

Matilda is my music loving, pet therapy cat.  I plan to write stories about her, or include her actions in my books.  And, speaking of books, I want to invite you to read this post by Kittie Howard from The BlockClick on over there and be inspired to write and share your work and try to make the world a better place.  Kittie has lived in many dark and beautiful places in the world and has witnessed both.  Thanks, Kittie, for sharing your stories and making a difference! (It's just a funny coincidence about her name, I swear!)

Play on!

Journaling Prompt:  When has a pet helped you or someone you know?  Do you have a favorite movie from childhood that still makes you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment