Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Word for the Year

Quote of Day:  "You don't choose a word if you're a writer as a golf pro chooses a club with the shot in mind.  You choose it with yourself in mind - your needs, your passionsIt has to carry the green, yes, but it must also carry YOU." - Archibald MacLeish


Here I am at Robert's Bookstore in Lincoln, Oregon, choosing the right words for me.  I have been on a journey of self-disovery for several years now.

In 2008, my word was Courage.
In 2009, my word was Healing
In 2010, my word was Rhythm
Now, in 2011, my word is Embrace.

In my latest blog post, Arms Open Wide, I wrote about opening my arms to change, to the new year and all the possibilities.  From that visual, I found my word, embrace.  That means that I am open to what's waiting for me, and I'll embrace who I am, my unique gifts and talents, the path I'm intended to be on, and all the parts of me, whatever shape they're in.

I was talking with a friend yesterday about finding our word for 2011.  She chose, Energy!  That's a great one.  We started naming all the ways we can get energy:  food, exercise, people, the right environment, rest, nature, beauty, art, music, conversation.  Can you think of more?

Journaling Prompt:  What's your word or phrase for 2011?  Go on, embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment