Monday, August 8, 2011

Gloomy Days

Quote of the Day:  Rainy days and Mondays always get me down. by The Carpenters


We have had lots and lots of rain. I woke up Saturday morning to a big thunderstorm. 

It was a dark and gloomy morning....

That could be a story starter, but it doesn't have the same ring as dark and stormy night.  Gloomy mornings just make me want to lie around in my jammies, drink coffee, read blogs, and put in another dvd of Castle. I'm late discovering that great show about a mystery writer and a female detective.  What a great character he is - a bit egotistical, yet a caring and concerned father, and a guy who loves a good story. His crime solving skill is to ask the question: What would make a better story? It's fun. I have to rewatch episodes sometimes because I miss the subtle clues.   

After about three episodes on Saturday morning, I felt like a big slug, so I played piano to my creative juices flowing, then packed up my laptop and headed to a nearby restaurant/coffee shop.  They have a great summer chicken salad wrap, wifi, and a fairly quiet room.  The lunch was great and I worked on an article for Her Voice on Alzheimer's disease and dementia.

Sometimes, you need a change of scenery to get creative and concentrate.

Journaling Prompt:  Where do you like to go to get creative or take a break from the same old, same old, and beat the gloomy days?

No comments:

Post a Comment