Friday, October 7, 2011

What is that thing?

Quote of the Day:  Of all my inventions, I liked the phonograph best. - Thomas Edison

For my Favorite Friday Photos, I'll show you the treasure I brought home from my parents' house. This belonged to my mom's parents.


My kids and my piano students look at this odd piece of furniture, slide open the top, peer in, and say, "What is this thing?"


I hear they're all the rage, now, with young people who want vintage stereos.

I show them the large black disc and explain, "This is a record."  I show them how to put it on the player.  I taught them that in the olden days, we sometimes had to put a penny on the arm so it wouldn't skip so much.  I needed a quarter for this one, must be inflation.

I thought it was a nice addition to my music room, and now, I can play my old vinyl records, like Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, and Pat Benatar.

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Do you have some vintage pieces in your home? What music did you like in your younger years?

No comments:

Post a Comment