Wednesday, March 6, 2013

IWSG March 2013

Quote of the Day:  Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten. Neil Gaiman

Do the thing you fear the most and the death of fear is certain. Mark Twain

Fear of over-exposure keeps us in the shadows.
Do you call this Shadow Dancing?
 
Do you fear over-exposure as a blogger? As you're trying to build your brand, get your name and your work out there, do you feel blocked by the fear of predators and identity theft? How about the use of photos, of yourself, of your family and friends?
 
I've been pondering these things lately, and it is blocking me. I read many, many blogs and get most of my information online. Some people don't put any personal information or photos on their blogs (Alex Cavanaugh). Others, like me, use my real name and my own photographs. I write about plays that I attend and who accompanies me. I share successes of my children and fun events with friends. My hope is to be a light in this dark world, on and off line.
 
So, for this month's posting for the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I have a question. How much of ourselves can we safely put out into the world?
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
 
Journaling Prompt:  What blocks you as an artist?

No comments:

Post a Comment