Saturday, March 30, 2013

This Week in the Garden...

On the whole, the garden just isn't much to look at right now.  Its barren beds, stacks of cinder blocks, and shovels strewn about (blush) create a bit of an eyesore.  But, if I zoom in here and there, there's a lot to be excited about.

See, doesn't this lettuce look so happy?


Carrots are starting to come up.


Toes are coming up, too.


Halle is keeping herself busy with all the rocks Tyjah and I dug out of the new curbi patch.


The blueberries and raspberries are looking good.


My trusty wheelbarrow has been hard at work and deserves a break now and then.


I learned my lesson last year.  These red cabbages are hiding from the bugs under some row cover.
I can't wait to make sweet and sour cabbage.  SO yummy!


The going-rate around here is still five cents per snipped slug and the kids know right where to find the scissors.  Last summer they raked in some serious cash.


The strawberries are at peace in their new bed.


And since all of these things are a lot more fun to look at than dirty dishes, my kitchen sink has been little fuller the last few days (blush again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment