Monday, March 30, 2009

Expectations

I'm wondering if I need too much from people. I've always told my loved ones that as long as you're honest with me, we'll get along just fine. I've got a quick temper, I'll be the first one to admit it, but if you tell me the truth, I will forgive you a lot faster than if you lie to me.

I know people make mistakes. I, myself, make plenty of them. I'm a forgiving person and will love you until the day I die, and will protect you from those that might try to hurt you. Just...don't screw with me or my emotions, okay?

I've been told by numerous people that I can be intimidating, and I don't mean to be. I'm just who I am. I'm also told that people can always be straight with me because I don't flip out and offer good advice, and will keep secrets if they need to be kept.

As I raise my boys, the thing that I reiterate is telling the truth. Brian also pushes this point. It might get you into trouble, but the trust of a person is more important than anything else.

This weekend has been a hard one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment