Monday, March 2, 2009

I do too much? and Just get it done!!

This weekend was a blur. I finished painting Corrin's room, moved things around, helped Brian build bookshelves and pretty much finished the room. I. can't. hardly. move. He likes it, though. That makes it worthwhile.

My chiropractor was NOT happy with me this morning. I kind of, well, lied about what I did this weekend because she's telling me to take it easy. When she was adjusting me, my upper back locked. Now, this has happened to me a million times, but it was the first time it had happened at the Chiropractor. I felt like I did something wrong. It was the guilt from doing too much. I don't know HOW to take it easy. If I'm sitting, I feel like a lazy bum. I just don't get it. There's always stuff to do at my house. I have three kids for Pete's sake! I've talked about laundry before...but it's horrendous the amounts that these boys give me. Plus, on weekends they tend to go through twice as many clothes (I'm guessing this is not true, but it feels like it).

How do you stop? I try to rent movies during the day so I at least have 90 minutes of relaxation, but I usually pause the movie to go and do something, and then watch the end in the evening. I just go, go, go.

My mom was the same way. She stayed at home and rarely did I see her sit. She was constantly moving, whistling her way through the workload. I don't whistle, I feel put out a lot of times. I think to myself, "I JUST cleaned this toilet. How in the heck??" Or, "Seriously, can they not put these things away at the end of the night?" Or, "how stinking hard is is to RINSE A BOWL!!!!!!" I know the boys would do these things if I nagged them to do it, but sometimes that wears me out more than just doing it myself. I hate nagging. I hate having to say things more than once for it to get done. If I ask, I expect you to get up off your butt and do it. That's how it was when I was growing up. I don't care what I was doing, if my parents asked me to do something, it didn't mean 5 minutes from now, it meant NOW. Yeah, it annoyed me, but I certainly didn't complain (out loud). How different things are...

No comments:

Post a Comment