Saturday, March 7, 2009

Finding myself

After two days of working at Picadilly, I am sore everywhere. Yet...I have a huge smile on my face and a spring to my step. It's great to be back. I realized a couple of years ago that it's not just working at my favorite place in the world that makes me happy, but the fact that I become "Heather" again, rather than just mommy. I know that I'm Heather with my hubby and my family, but I'm the Heather that can help out in different ways, offer my talents and my knowledge in a whole new spectrum when I'm at work.

I also have someone else to talk to. I love meeting new people, engaging in conversations, and getting to know the people of Brighton and the surrounding areas.

I've loved being a stay-at-home mom. I love being there for my kids. However, I think there comes a time where some women have to go back to the work field before they lose that final piece of who they are. It's important for me to remember that I am multi-faceted (who knew??) and I redefine that sense of myself everytime I go back to work.

I wrote a blog about feeling unappreciated. I know some jobs you go to, you never feel a sense of accomplishment, or never hear a thank you from day to day. At this job, you feel appreciated everytime you walk in the door. It's a great feeling. I'm back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment