Monday, January 4, 2010

Sick

Since Dec. 26 I have had problems with nausea, feeling light headed, lack of appetite. After putting up with it for a couple of days, it seemed to go away. I then had diarreah (I know, TMI) for several days, but the nausea seemed to go away. Daegan then had diarreah, so I thought I had some sort of bug that was passed on. I wake up feeling nauseous, then it seems to go away for a little bit and then comes back. I have no idea what is going on, but when I did research about how long stomach flu lasts, it said it could last up to 10 days, so I've held off going to the doctor. I'm on day 10, and am making myself eat because I need to, but nothing sounds good. The thought of food makes me ill. I have not thrown up during this entire ordeal. I sometimes have just a rumbling stomach, sometimes pain in my right side like a stitch, sometimes have heartburn. Sometimes sharp pain in my abdominal region. Multiple symptoms that aren't happening every day. It is impossible to diagnose over the internet because all of these symptoms could be several things. Today I had fried chicken for lunch, took a nap and woke up feeling terrible. I will try to stay away from greasy foods for the time being. I've been drinking small amounts of coffee in the morning, but have completely taken caffeine out of my diet the rest of the day.

I really do NOT believe that I am pregnant since the symptoms started two days after my last period. After being pregnant three times, you realize that you miss your period and THEN the nausea starts happening. It is a slight fear, because we really are done, but I've wasted a lot of money on pregnancy tests and I really believe it is something else.

Tomorrow I hope to get in to the doctor, but after reading several posts on forums, it doesn't look like they'll be able to help right away. In the meantime, I can't make myself go to the store to stock up on food (stomach roll), and I'm so tired! Things aren't getting done around the house which makes me feel guilty. Brian showed signs of being annoyed this evening, which I GET, because when he was really sick awhile ago, I got annoyed, too. Mostly because we feel helpless that we can't make it better, plus it's just annoying having to deal with someone that is sick constantly. I get that. If I could feel better right now I would!

I have no idea what to do. I'm hoping the doctor will have a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment