Saturday, March 6, 2010

Affirmations Abound, Plus a Recipe

Dear Bloggies, and Bloggie Readers,
Just when I was pulling back to retreat, you called me back to the front line.  No time to rest in camp, Mary, we want you to come Play (off the Page) with us.  More awards and affirmations keep coming in.  Well, thank you.  I'm feeling unworthy, but happy.

Quillfeathers Rooster, from Roxy at A Woman's Write, fun blog name! She has a great sense of humor.  We've recently found each other, and I think she's a "keeper."

I think this is the one where you tell the world how you like your eggs. Need to mention again that I'm a farm girl, and the rooster doesn't lay the eggs, he's the guy who wakes you up in the morning (sort of like your unruly children or noisy pets or the phone).  What I really like is when my eggs are in an egg bake, prepared the night before, so that all I have to do is stumble down to the kitchen in my jammies and put it in the oven, start my coffee, grab a book and go back to bed.

Here's my favorite egg bake recipe.  I got it from my sister.

Ham & Egg Bake
Cover bottom of (cake) pan with onion and garlic croutons
Cube ham and layer it on top of the croutons
Sprinkle with about 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
(Add a layer of onions and green peppers if you like them.)

In a small bowl mix 4 eggs, 2 cups milk, 3/4 tsp. dry mustard, pour this over the layered ingredients, cover and set in fridge overnight.

In the morning, combine one can cream o' mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk, pour over egg bake, top with hashed-browns (put the frozen package in the fridge the night before so they're thawed a bit), cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, then uncover it, sprinkle more cheese on top and bake another 1/2 hour, or so.

Humane Award, from Shannon at Book Dreaming, kindest people I know award.  Here's what she wrote about me:  * Mary @ Play Off the Page - Mary has a heart that expands in proportion to the needs of others. I love her.


That is kindness at the top of the ladder.  I'm going to humbly believe that is true because I've felt the stretching pains of trying to make it bigger.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Journaling Prompt:  Write out a favorite recipe, where you got it, who shared it with you, when you served, how it turned out.  Good or bad - comfort or disaster - for better or worse.  Recipes and shared food are the ingredients of great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment