Friday, June 11, 2010

Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies


I am a cookie snob.  I'll just get that out there now so you all know that bit of information, that being said, I love these cookies.  I have used similar recipes in the past, from the back of certain brand name fruit packages and they were good, but I thought they needed a little something more. A dash of this, and dab of that and the cookies I liked before are now cookies the I LOVE!

Every single bit provides chocolate and fruit, and the hint of cinnamon just rounds all those flavors out perfectly. I love these cookies in the morning because they aren’t too sweet and I can tell myself they are healthy with the dried berries. Oh, I can’t forget to mention you can change up the flavor profiles, use dried cherries or blueberries, or regular chocolate instead of the white. These are delicious!!



Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe Source: A Cook's Quest


2/3 cup Softened butter
1/3 cup brown sugar packed
1/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanila
1 ½ cups oatmeal (instant or old fashioned)
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
6 ounces dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chunks/chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.

With a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and the eggs one at a time, mix after each addition. Add dry ingredients ½ at a time. Mix until just combined. Add dried cranberries and white chocolate.

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake 10-12 minutes or until they are just set and starting to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment