Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunrise Sunset

Quote of the Day:  Chorus of Sunrise, Sunset, from the musical Fiddler on the Roof

Sunrise, sunset,
Sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly flow the days;
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
Blossoming even as we gaze.

Sunrise, sunset,
Sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly fly the years;
One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears.


Are any of these magazine covers familiar to you?  Do you remember reading Highlights for Children at the dentist's office like I did?  Does it make you feel wistful?  These magazines are filled with words and images from our youth.  Just a few days ago, I was in the offices where the creative team works on this magazine.  I flipped through these older issues.  I stood in the presence of people who love to bring stories to children.


I attended a workshop for writers at the founders' home in the Poconos, along a beautiful creek, near Honesdale, PA.  We stayed in our own cabins and met at the house for meals and learning.  All of our needs were met.  The food was made by loving and skilled hands with home grown vegetables and the 4H pig.  We could focus on being writers, our connections with each other, and our gifts of storytelling. 



I am so filled with what I learned, that I can barely begin to tell you of all my adventures and the beautiful images and experiences.  As I began my journey, I looked out the window of my airplance, descending into the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport and saw the most gorgeous sunrise.  A bright fuschia ball of light was coming up over the horizon, filling the sky with such vibrant color that I couldn't take my eyes away.  I knew big things would come from this journey.



Bridges and flowing water of ideas and people,
Glimpses back into our past,
Hope for our futures,
Connections made in a brief moment of time
That will last forever.

On my return flight, I looked out the window, again, as we were descending into the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport, and was given the gift of a beautiful sunset.

The journey is not over.  The path continues on.



Come back this week to meet my new writer friends and read about some of what we learned in a few days together.

Go. Create. Inspire!

Journaling Prompt:  Where would you like to go to be inspired?

No comments:

Post a Comment