Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P is for Piano Recital

Letter of the Day:  P

P is for Piano Recital and a plethora of pleasing words that provide promise.  I love the letter P.  I did a whole presentation at a writer's conference using words that begin with P.  I'll provide a list after I tell you about our piano recital.  Here are all my adorable piano students!



I'm the one on the far left holding out the program.  Next to me is my one adult student, Holly.  I had players from age 6 to 36 performing.  The girl in front with the blue skirt started just over a month ago.  We had the recital at a local assisted living center.  I'd say about 10 residents came in to hear us.  The room was full of family and friends, residents, a few staff, and one proud piano teacher.  It takes courage to play in front of people, and I hope they all felt the success of their hard work and perseverence.  The message this year was that we can all begin something new at any age.  So many people were inspired by Holly learning the piano and performing.  She's only played a few months.  One of her friends wrote: "congratulations, I admire you!!!!!!"


I had a couple of piano and flute duets.  Here are two sisters.


Pick your favorite word, and Play on, my friends....
patience
practice
peace
pleasure
personalize
paint
pray
play
plan
party
plot
pun
pretend
pen
process
prioritize
persistence
passion
pressure
print-out
pretty

And, don't forget pal.  We all need a good writing buddy.  One of mine is Peacegardenmama.  She's my best writer-mama-pal.

I dedicated this recital to Matilda the Piano Cat.  She died just over a week before the recital.  She loved sitting on the bench and listening to the students play.  Sometimes they still reach down to pet her, but she's only there in spirit.



Journaling Prompt:  Did you ever play in a recital?  How did it go?  Have you attended any? Give me some more inspirational P words!

No comments:

Post a Comment