Saturday, April 23, 2011

T is for Time

Letter of the Day:  T

T is for Time and the Texas Playwright Chick.  I stumbled upon her blog.  I think I liked one of her comments, or was drawn to the playwright part.  I don't know.  What I do know is that once I discovered the Texas Playwright Chick, I wanted to be the Minnesota Playwright Chick.  I signed up for Scriptfrenzy last year and I've completed my first full-length play.  Cher, the Texas Playwright Chick, has been most encouraging.  She read my play, said it made her laugh out loud, and told me she "loved it."  Well, that makes it official.  Let this Minnesota Playwright Chick introduce you to Cher, The Texas Playwright Chick....

Settle in with your favorite cup of brew, or tea.


T is for Texas Playwright Chick and all my Thoughts! And, what I’ve been thinking about lately, the personal motto I’ve been using to spur (get it? Texas…spurs?) myself on with is this:



Time to Tap your Talent!

The first time I saw Lord of the Rings, I was inspired by something Gandalf said to Frodo. He said, “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” That really struck a chord with me and I began to ask myself, “What am I doing with my time?” Am I really using my time wisely? Am I using my talent wisely? Am I tapping into my best life potential? Or am I puttering my time and talent away, wasting it doing things that aren’t important?


So, my personal battle cry has become, “it’s TIME to TAP your TALENT!” I say this to myself each day to remind myself to get to my computer and use those writing talents! But, to tap those writing talents of mine, it comes down to time. Finding time, making time, taking time, to sit down and explore my story ideas and characters on the page, is the only thing that can help me achieve my dreams. Without taking the time to tap into your own talents – whatever they may be – you will never fully reach your own potential.


We all have dreams for ourselves, and we all have hope that we will be able to make those dreams come true, yes? But, hope is not enough. You must take the time to tap our talents (which is really taking an action), or you will continue to live your life in a fog of status quo. Nothing new will happen to you. Nothing exciting will happen to you. Nothing extraordinary will happen to you. Is that what you want? Or do you want an extraordinary life full of amazing experiences?


Are YOU taking the TIME you need to TAP your own TALENTS? Are you taking the TIME you need to create the life you want? Have YOU decided what to do with the TIME that has been given to YOU?


Ciao for Niao – Texas Playwright Chick


http://www.playwrightchick.com/

This post needs a theme song:  Time by Hootie and the Blowfish. It's a Youtube link if you're in the mood for a listen.

One more note:  Just this week I read a blog post by a young woman actor named Andi Zeisler about the need for women playwrights and the need for plays with strong women roles.  She was bemoaning the lack of respectable roles for women in musicals.  It gave me courage to persevere with Coffee Shop Confessions.  I'm in need of a composer, original songs, and a creative team to get it out to the public.  You can find the post here.

 Journaling Prompt: How have you taken time for yourself and your art lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment