Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Q is for Quotes

Letter of the Day: Q

Q is for quotes and quests and questions.  Never stop questioning on your quest for greatness!  That quote is from me!  I love a good quest story - the journey, the hero (the best are the unsuspecting heroes), the villian, nature's barriers, the hero's self-doubt and need for self-examination, the nay-sayers - including the reluctant hero, and often something or someone that needs to be rescued.  Of course, The Wizzard of Oz is the most classic of all quest tales. I also liked watching the animated feature Quest for Camelot with my boys. What are your favorites?

The path is calling you.


And, finally QUOTES!  Enjoy and be inspired!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. ~ Goethe

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead. – Louisa May Alcott



Use what talent YOU possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except for those that sang best. – Henry Van Dyke

Don't say you don’t have enough time. YOU have EXACTLY the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


I am only one – but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do something I can do. – Helen Keller

Just when the caterpillar thought his life was over, he became a butterfly. – Anonymous


When we are allowed to dream far-fetched and ridiculous, we become super creative. That's where the Harry Potters are born. – Hope Clark from fundsforwriters.com


But the oldest practice is still the best. Take your soul for a stroll. Long walks, short walks, morning walks, evening walks – whatever form or length it takes. Walking is the best way to get out of your head. Recall the invocation of the philosopher Soren Kirkegaard, who said, "Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness: I have walked myself into some of my best thoughts." – Phil Cousineau


There are moments when all anxiety and stated toil are becalmed in the infinite leisure and repose of nature. – Henry David Thoreau


Therefore, encourage one another, and build each other up. 1 Thessalonians 5:11


There's a candle in your heart ready to be kindled. There's a void in your soul ready to be filled. You feel it - don't you! - Rumi

That last one is my very favorite.  It's the one that woke me up.
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
 
Journaling Prompt:  What are your favorite quest stories, shows or movies?  Do you have a quote that really speaks to you?  How are you doing with your craft right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment