Monday, October 22, 2012

A Meaty Post

Quote of the Day:  a few words on meat

If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies...It would be a sad situation if the wrapper were better than the meat wrapped inside it. Albert Einstein

It is not the quantity of the meat, but the cheerfulness of the guests, which makes the feast. Edward Hyde

To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy. Bette Davis

In the past month or so I've had some fairly meaty posts with reviews and interviews and guest posts and visiting poets. Today's post is meaty in different kind of way.

 
The Chef invited me over to help him make sausage. He'd already done all the mixing and spicing. All I needed to do was take my turn at the handle.
 
Look! I'm a helper.
 
More on that on Ride off the Page, if you're interested.
 
In other news, the scouts were invited to help with the Haunted Trail as pirates and skeletons of the ARRboretum.
 
 
Getting a good, hearty scream out of the walkers was the meat of this event.
 
The Before picture.
 
This young pirate got his braces on this week, so we had good, old-fashioned, soft comfort food - chicken wild rice soup, courtesy of the Chef, and mashed potatoes and meatballs. Arrg! Braces hurt.
 
I spent the rest of the weekend engrossed in a good book. You know, the kind that you can't put down and you ignore everyone and everything else going on. I hope to have the author as a guest on my blog this week. I'll give you a hint. It was the fourth book in an historical fiction series set in Minnesota, and the author lives in my area. Okay, my local neighbors have probably guessed it. Those are easy clues.
 
Go. Create. Inspire!
 
Journaling Prompt:  Have you ever made home-made sausage? What's your favorite comfort food?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment