Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Hobo in the Garden

Apparently hobo spiders like cinder blocks.

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS BEFORE BUILDING A CINDER BLOCK WALL AROUND MY STRAWBERRIES?!?!

I'm so glad I happened to be there when a hobo charged my Lyla's hand. That's right--charged

In a rush of adrenaline, I swiped Lyla out of the way. In the meantime the hobo retreated back down into the cinder block.

It sends shivers up my spine thinking how often my little girls must have leaned up against that block to pick deliciously sweet strawberries. I just happened to be there as the spider charged (did I mention charged??within centimeters of my three-year-old's hand.

I'm enough of an arachnophobe to buy up every sticky trap this side of the Cascades and Tear. Down. That. Wall.

And maybe stop gardening altogether.

Sell the house, even. Move.

spider
Photo of spider by tup wanders
Oh, that wall is definitely coming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment