I'm helping to promote a fundraiser event for The Heartland Symphony Orchestra that will be held in the Brainerd lakes area. I'll share the info below. You can also visit their website for more information and tickets. A menu paired with music from around the world, I'm in!
The Heartland Symphony Orchestra is sponsoring a fundraiser at the Pavillion at Cragun's Legacy Golf course on November 1, 2013 called Taste of Nations. Ensembles made of players from the HSO will play music from 5 different countries which will be followed up by a 5 course meal of food from these nations. The play list contains the following:
1 "An Elizabethan Songbook" and it's 4 movements played on the trumpet and trombone and with a piano accompaniment. The composer is Eric Ewazen, an American composer, but the piece is based on 4 English folk songs from the Elizabethan period.
2. Mozart's Adagio from Concerto for Clarinet and Schumann's Fantasy Piece (for clarinet) with piano accompaniment.
3. Pieces by Telemann are being played by a violinist, viola, and accompanied by our conductor, Sergey Bogza on the piano.
4. A piece called Algues by the French composer Bernard Andres is being played on the harp and oboe.
5. Our conductor and pianist, Sergey Bogza, is playing Tchaikovsky's October from The Seasons.
The evening will begin with a silent auction/happy hour from 5:30 to 6:30. Here are a sample of the items up for auction at this time.
1) Conduct Star-Spangled Banner on the Spring Concert, "Around the World with HSO"
includes: two 30 minute lessons with Maestro Sergey Bogza, conducting HSO in rehearsal and leading HSO in Star-Spangled Banner on the Spring Concert. ALso includes a DVD and an audio recording of the performance.
2) Two opera tickets to the Bartered Bride of Bedrich Smetena. Saturday Nov.23, 2013 at Ted Mann Concert Hall. Conducted by Sergey Bogza.
3. A guided fishing trip from Leisure Outdoor Adventures for the silent auction. It will be a 4 hr 1-3 ppl trip in the Brainerd Lakes area with an opportunity to upgrade. Valued at $295
Take advantage of the Early Bird special by purchasing tickets before October 20 for $60 at the Bridge of Harmony Music Store and the Brainerd Daily Dispatch and online at www.heartlandsymphony.org. Tables with preferential seating for 8 can be purchased for $480 which will include 2 bottles of wine. After October 20, the price of tickets will increase to $70.
"A Taste of Nations" promises to be an enjoyable evening of music and food in a more intimate setting than the larger concert hall. It is a great way to show support for the hard work of the HSO and to personally meet our very interesting and fun new conductor, Sergey Bogza.
This event sounds like a delight for all the senses! I will be there with my camera, appetite, and grateful ear. I do love listening to the strings.
The Heartland Symphony Orchestra's Winter Concerts are:
Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Little Falls High School, 7:30 pm
Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 at Tornstrom Auditorium in Brainerd, at 2:30.
Go. Create. Inspire!
And, support your local artists!
Journaling Prompt: Do you play an instrument? What got you started? If you don't play, what instruments are you drawn to, or would live to learn how to play?