Monday, October 7, 2013

Bet You've Never Played Football With a Watermelon

Of course, I was fully aware that the combination of our short summers and towering evergreens would hardly cast a glimmer of hope on the ripening process--watermelons, even minis, need LOTS of sunshine.


Still, I couldn't resist the experiment.


I have to admit, I was pretty impressed with how close they came to ripening.

But since they weren't that ripe and I didn't want to overwhelm my haphazard attempts at a compost pile, we held a family watermelon toss into the woods.




Which briefly turned into a sticky and somewhat painful game of watermelon football.


Not surprisingly, my kids all want to know if we can plant watermelon again next spring.

For more on what we did this weekend, go here.



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment